Monday 17 October 2011

Yes....

...I am still alive.  I just wanted to confirm that I am still kicking and breathing and that I do apologize for my long leave of absence.  I blame it on the 2 year anni trip that I took with the hubby back in August.  Because ever since then, my mind didn't feel like going into blogging mode.

Now, that I am  with sickness, stuck on the couch, doing nothing,  and I have the chance to channel my inner blogger, here I am, and here is my blog.

I must warn you however, this blog will not consist of anything with any steady content, rather, it's going to be a bit of cliff notes from the past few months that I went MIA.
With that said...here's what happened::

Me and the hubby celebrated our 2 years of happiness in Fes, Morocco.  There, we saw the beautiful and poo-poo (quite literally) smelling  tanneries, one of the many wonders I wanted to lay my eyes on.  This place is where they put extensive amounts of labor like


this

to make beautiful products like this.  
At this one tannery/leather shop, me and the main squeeze not only sprinkled some of our monetary greens in exchange for leather goodies like so, but because me and the man love meeting new people, the workers at the shop hooked it up with free leather shizz and created a friendship so meaningful, that we departed with sincere hugs and super kind words.  I will never forget Morocco.



After looking through pictures to post on the blog....I realized that there was so much more to talk about with Morocco....so please be prepared to read a blog about this beautiful place in the near future, although it's been so 3 months ago.  I like to bring things back into fashion.

The second part of our anni trip consisted of  a wonderful place called Amsterdam and a sick stomach poisoned with a fig. I will explain more in the latter Morocco blog.

Anywho...part 2 of the trip - Amsterdam.  Despite that fig messing up my insides, it did not mess up my good times mode over there.

We got to see the infamous Red Light district and all the naked prostitutes and perves that it holds.  I really wanted to take a picture of one of the women that posed behind windows like a lingerie mannequin in a shopping mall, but I was seriously scared that pimps were going to come up to me,  break my camera and then Bitch slap me after that.  I didn't feel like crying on this trip.  The redlight district also caused my mouth to hang everytime I saw a nasty perverted man enter the glass room that was soon hidden by a red curtain. All kinds of nasty thoughts ran through my head which made me shiver with disgust, but wanted to see what went on.  It was one of those kind of moments.  I also had to make sure that I didn't leave my mouth open too long.  Who knew what kind of diseases were floating around the air.


Then comes the 3rd part ::

Brugge
Not only did this place consist of the beautiful Cathedral that starred in the movie "In Brugge," but it produced all kinds of chocolate and hip increasing edibles.  I will be going back....after I lose the 5 pounds I gained from it.

One of the things that  me and my hubby have been doing quite frequently these past few months were being Carboot whores.  So much so, we got a bag especially for this Sunday Occasion:
And of course, we bought that bag at a carboot.  
One of the main reasons of our whoring around is to constantly update my PRETTYrubbish store.....

....aaaand also because we are penny pinching cheapies.  Hey....there's nothing wrong with that, plus, it's amazing what kinds of treasures you can find...and under retail price!

And then another thing that has been occupying my life is of course, the job force.  Although at the beginning of the past 3 months, I was working 2 jobs, one onbase, and another off base.  I am happy to day that I have quit the one off base.  Being a workaholic wasn't a blast in a glass, and I smile a lot more now.

A couple weeks ago, I just came back from the beautiful Bay Area, which I will forever call home.
I spent my time with my friends por vida, 
discovered that Gay clubs are the place to be, watched my beautiful cousin get locked dow- er I mean married :p
Eat the best tasting Tacos on a Tuesday, and just laughed, talked, caught up, and just be in the presence of most of the people I love and cherish.  

And now I'm all caught up with this blog up in herrrre and that was my past 3 months in a nutshell.  Hope you enjoyed catching up with me as much as I did sharing, see you on the next blog!

PEACE!





No comments: