Friday 26 March 2010

Reflecting with Chaat

One of the many perks of being a housewife, is not having a job to hold me down.  I must admit, I'm pretty blessed to be able to do things freely without the thought of a job infesting my schedule, or occupying my mind.  Not working has made me become a happier person, made me appreciate what I have, who I know, and not take it for granted.  I believe one of the many joys in life is passing time with friends, old and new.  This past weekend I was able to catch up with my gal pals and cause havoc around town.  Something we tend to do quite well.  During the rest of the week, I reconnected with a couple of old friends from the past, which made me realize that it was these people who made me who I am today.

Today I had lunch with an old time friend slash neighbor, slash schoolmate at Vic's Chaat in Berkeley.  What's cool about him is that he's originally from England.  So you can already assume what 90 percent of our lunch conversation was about.  We talked about things like British TV shows, stores, fashion, the geology of England, music, and most importantly, Spice Girls!

It was like old times.  Karaminder "Kim" and I chatted about our love for the UK as if we were back in College.  Complete with a quick update on the world of technology.  I swear without him, I would still be chiseling letters to people and mailing them out via post.

But anywho, we both met up at Vic's Chaat (please correct me if I'm saying the name of the restaurant wrong) in Berkeley.



  I have heard so much about this place, but never took the time to pay it a visit.  I am repeatedly hitting myself in the head as we speak for my lack if visitation.  This place was WONDERFUL!  Soooooo yummy.  The dish that I had was....ummmm something something cholle ( I think).  I dunno, I just said, "can I please have #9.  I also had a Mango Lassi, which I might add was heaven sent.


Then for dessert we had a cool convo about what happened these past few years we lost touch and topped it off with a cup of Chai....which we probably could have done without.

Catch up time with Kim, made me realize truly that I am exactly where I want to be in life.  God took me by the hand and guided me through the labyrinth of experiences and led me to where I need to be right now.  All those obstacles, great memories, people I encountered, love and hatred that I endured made me this kooky person that smiles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I know I may be sounding like an elderly Veteran posting his memoirs, but I believe that a lot of people don't get to really reflect on things like this.  If you are reading this, and feel that you have never felt this way, please stop, breathe, reflect, and just take in everything smile.

No comments: