Wednesday 24 March 2010

There's no place like England


I'm truly happy to be home....but for some odd reason, I'm wishing I was still back in England.  Maybe I'm still adjusting cultures....but I can't help but yearn to watch some Jeremy Kyle, or eat some sausage.  It's so weird, because before I left to go to England, I refused to watch talk shows, and I absolutely HATED sausages.  I also miss the sound of English accents.  Just the other day, I found myself totally engulfed in a show about cars just because it took place in the UK.  I even miss having Cheryl Cole's face being broadcasted on pretty much every channel.
 She's sooooo pretty.


I also find myself missing  the British fashion.  I have never said this in my life, but I refuse to shop here.  It's pretty gosh darn expensive.  I miss Primark

                                                                         New Look


                                                                             Matalan

                                              even Tesco (which is kinda like our Lucky)

 I miss seeing the fashion forward girls walking around town with the handbags hanging off their  forearms.  Their funky cool outfits draped with pearls.   Sequins and 80's style floral prints with combat boots, and hairstyles that replicate a comb over.  I miss having those type of styles invade my everyday views.

I'm also finding myself looking out my car window and looking for roadkill.  As morbid as it sounds, I get sad when I only see 2 or 3 a day.  Also, seeing al these big cars zoom past me on the freeways freak me out.  I'm not used to it.  And the car lanes are like me adjusting to a king size bed after sleeping in a twin all my life.  I just don't know what to do with all that space.

Oh, the UK....you have done something to me....

No comments: