Tuesday 19 July 2011

Love thy Neighbors.....

I love England.  I love (most) English people.  I love my neighborhood.  I love my neighbors...

So, being that my Aimes Design business shizz has been doing pretty swell lately....(hence, the reason for my lack of blogging activity, http://www.etsy.com/shop/Aimes88, which I apologize for, and will seriously make up) my poor paper cutter's life has been slowly coming to an end.  So in replacement to my dying paper cutter, I did a Woody and Buzz Lightyear and upgraded my outdated cutter with a bigger and better one with better blades.  I.  LOVE. IT.  




Since I am no longer labeled as a housewife because I am with job, my house has transformed from 90% occupied, to 90% vacant.  Today was one of those days of the 90% vacant.  Usually, back in the states, when something was delivered to your house and you weren't home, you are usually given 2 notices that your item came.  After those 2 notices, you then receive a, "shit out of luck" note where you would have to drive to the nearest post office to pick up your package.  Not something that sounds very pleasing to your work tired body that still needs to run an errand before business hours are over.  But I'm just sayen...

Well....Because England is so wonderful, this is what they do.  If you are not home, and you have a package, the happy little mail man (who, btw, does not lazily drive around to each mail box, but who pushes a red cart to EACH and EVERY house to drop it into the door slot) leaves a nice little note saying that they have left your package with your neighbor.  And being that in my hood, all the English people are super friendly and shizz like that, they hold your package until you come by to pick it up, or if you haven't picked it up, they drop it off to you.  HOW.  FREAKIN. COOL. IS. THAT?  Very....I think.

So anyway, I just thought I'd share that little tidbit about English life with ya'll.  This whole event just blows my socks off my size 38 feet.  Holla!

No comments: