Wednesday 26 January 2011

Solo Tu 24 Hour Richmond

Now that I'm back to my housewifey ways....I have time to become a frequent visitor of the good ol' gym once again.  In a previous blog, I concentrated on the various types of personalities that visit this sweathouse.
Welp, after today's workout, I would like to re-visit another personality that almost made me LOL off my eliptical.

The personality I would like to talk about would be the "Jean wearing workout buffs."
By the Way, I seriously think that if it weren't for Richmond, this blog wouldn't exist....there is just no other place like it.

On to the Blog....

So here I was getting my workout on and zoning out to the motivating sounds of my ipod.  My zoning out was soon distracted by a walking individual that passed right in front of me.  The first thing that caught my eye was his wet look gelled back hair.  Then I SMH.  I was just thinking ok, pretty boy.

Then I saw was this....
The infamous wife beater.
Ok, not so bad, about 90% of the men at the gym tend to sport this basic piece of apparel.  
Alright, next thing that my eyes fell on was this:
Jeans adorned with some type of design...because I was in the wonderful city of Richmond, this is pretty normal.  I mean on hot days, the men who wear this type of "workout" attire tend to change it up and wear these...
...naturally.

OK, so I immediately categorised this guy with the "guys with jeans" personality....no biggy.  Now, here's where the LOL's and SMH slowly started to escape me.  
So usually, these jean wearing workout buffs tend to complete their carefully picked workout fit with a matching pair of mustard boots.  
I mean, why not?  It'll only make your workout more intense right?  Also, these boots were made for tough conditions anyway.  So it only seemed right.

Another option that these jean wearers tend wear for workout shoes are these:

and believe it or not, it's so normal, that this doesn't even phase me.  Sometimes they tend to adorn their belts with belt buckles the size of Texas.  Those too don't phase me as well.  I actually like to look at them, they're pretty....but then I have to soon turn away, because when I look up at the man's face, I see him smiling at the fact that I'm looking at his crotch. *shiver*

Back to this dude.....


Well....this one serious bodybuilder right here topped off his professional workout uniform with a pair of these....
I'm guessing he was going for the metrosexual body builder look.  IDK, he looked great and all,  and I'm sure maybe they were comfortable, otherwise why would he have chosen them for the gym, right?  But that right there is like a woman going to the gym with pumps.  Not cute.

Well, although that whole outfit that was oh so perfect for the gym caught my eye, there was more to his outfit.  As soon as his cologne scent passed my nostrils and I was able to see the backside of this impressively dressed man....one more accessory got my attention, and therefore almost caused me to fall off my machine.  This man was wearing one of these bad boys:

Yes, my friends, I kid you not.  O' boy was sporting a fox tail keychain.  I mean, hey, maybe it was his good luck charm for playing b-ball, or maybe it was his motivation.  But, a FOX TAIL?  

After I have seen this guy passed, I seriously had to compose myself and tried not to look too hard at him....I saw him looking at me through the mirror and he looked pretty impressed with himself.  Oh, honey, if only you knew the real reason....

I think after this, I know I've seen it all at the ever so entertaining 24 hour Richmond.  Thank you Richmond.  You really made my day.








No comments: