Tuesday 28 September 2010

Bodies of the Gym

So for the past few months, I have totally become a gym fiend.  I crave it, I dream it, I have to have it.  I find that it's a great place to use as an emotional outlet, a punching bag for that fight with your significant other, a place to use as your alone time, and of course to tone that beautiful body of yours.  Of course, me being the nosey little gal that I am, I like to scope out the different characters making use of this physical place.  I so heart seeing the different types of personalities and see how they interact with other different types of personalities.  It's actually good entertainment.  So from this first paragraph here, you can automatically see what this blog entry will be about.  And with that said....on with the blog.

Meatheads::

  These guys right here make me smirk with a little rolling of the eyes.  I found that you can find these kind of guys gathered around the free weights area like a herd of water buffalos.  Automatically I think (and sorry I'm judging....but 90% of the time I'm right in this situation right here) that they are nothing but a bunch of body mass with muscles that love nothing but to look at themselves in the mirror, with that slight look out the corner of their eye to check out anything walking with boobs.  Also, in this section of the gym, a ton of grunting and encouraging words of "come on, come on, you got it man" to their buddy, tend to take over this testosterone infested area.

 Usually when I'm in their part of the gym, I try to work out as fast as I can to avoid my eyes from constant rolling.

Over the Top Excercisers ::

These people provide me with tons of LOLs.  I love them.  They are the people that go to the gym in MAJOR matching workout outfits.  From their multi-colored headband to the shoelaces on their shoes.  Also, their workout ethics tend to match the outfits they wear as well.  They are pretty easy to spot, because they are usually the ones that are dancing like crazy to the music blasting in their ears or lip-singing over dramatically.  Yeah.  They make me happy.



The Jean- Wearers ::



Ok, these people I don't really get.  I mean, I don't see how working out in Jeans is comfortable.  Also, it just looks plain funny.  Ok, that's enough about them....there's really not much to say because personally, I don't get it.

Newbies ::


These peeps are hilar to me as well.  Now, I know I shouldn't be making fun of them because I once was one of them, but I can't help it, and I'm a mean little bitch like that.  But anyways, these people make me laugh inside my head.  You can totally tell who is a newbie and who isn't.  Simply by the way they use the machines, they tend to either sit the wrong way or look like their just pulling down a weight bar like it were a lampshade cord.  No effort.  But what I love about them the most is the fact that although they are totally using the equipment the wrong way,  they act like they are one of the meat heads and have that determined work out face with their hands to their hips....only thing missing is the sweat.

Workout Divas ::
They tend to make my eyes roll as much as the meat heads.  These chicks are the ones who come in with cake on their face, got their hair did, and earrings to match their eye shadow.  Totally unnecessary.  Ok, that's enough about them....I don't want to talk too much shizz....

Bitches with nice-ass bodies that give me so much motivation::
Self explanatory...

The elderly::


They have my heart.  I think nothing is cuter than a elder person working out in orthopedic shoes and a 1950's track suit.  They make me coo.  What's even cuter, are the ones that take the classes and they come out and tend to chatter about their grandkids and such whilst holding a yoga mat and their vintage gym bag and matching water bottle.  Sigh....they make me want to hug.


So that pretty much covers the main types of personalities that I encounter during my daily visits.  If it weren't for them I think I would probably feel like a hamster running on a wheel.  No excitement whatsoever.  

No comments: