Thursday 6 May 2010

Nissans, Prada, and Billionaires

Let me get something off my chest.  Ok, call me old fashion or something, but I seriously cannot stand some of the music nowadays.  I mean, being a child of the 80's, where the TRUE artists and songs were produced, ie. Lionel Ritchie, the Jets, George Michael, Madonna, etc,  it seems the artists present time are artsits for the wrong reason.

Don't get me wrong, I dig some of the beats to these songs.....but have you ever really listened to the word content?  I don't know, I find it hard to express my  awesome dance moves to a song about a guy wanting to buy his girl Prada or bobbin my head to a song about Nissans, Sentras and such.  What ever happened to the art of writing music? Music, which is meant to be a sort poetic expression?  It seems songs now, are being written to floss something that they don't got, or some excuse for a guy to rap in a video while half naked women booty clap in front of them.  I don't know, that's just me.

I've been feeling this way about the modern music for a while now.  It wasn't till I heard this song "Billionaire" by Travie Mccoy ft. Bruno Mars where I felt I needed to express this annoyance.
I'm not going to be knockin on this song though.  I love this song.  It actually is a song that has meaning......good meaning.  If you listen to it, you will see why.
Also, I think I'm starting to fall in love with Bruno Mars.  NO! he won't be on my top 10, I'm actually in love with his voice, musicality, and his tude.  I love how he's always smiling when he sings.  True expression of this art we call music.  Friggin Lav it.


I mean, if some other rapper were to write a song about being a billionaire, I bet you a mega million dollars that it will be about how rich he is, and how he can pull any hoochie skank into his crib.  Naw....I'm cool

No comments: