Saturday 8 May 2010

Dish washing for clothes


I have a new appreciation for dish washing soap. 

I'm the type of person who's clothes tend to eat more than my mouth. This happens the most when I wear brand new outfits.  Go figure.  Well, I bought this cute little dress during my visit to LA, and when I finally wore it, I dined on some dim sum.  Can you guess where the dim sum tended to gravitate to?  Exactly.  Also, most dim sum, have a type of personality that exudes grease.  And grease is a stubborn stain that hardly ever cooperates with washing machines and detergent.  

So, because I loved this dress too much, and didn't want it to join my other grease stained clothes in the dark corners of my closet, I decided to do some research on how to get rid of this pain in the neck.  I found remedies that consisted of applying baby powder over night, then washing, using rubbing alcohol, which didn't really sit too well with me, and other things that seemed like too much work.  I like things that take the least amount of time and trouble.  

I later researched more, and discovered you can also use dish washing soap.  Just apply it onto the stain before washing, wash it, and it's gone.  
I did it.  It worked. I'm happy.

No comments: