Tuesday 4 May 2010

Every Sunday should be like this

I think that I have just experienced one of the best Sundays EVER!  Ok, probably not EVER, but the best whilst on my vacation.  Nothing really spectacular happened.  It was just one of those days where you get the privilege to do all the things you enjoy with a side of good company.  OK, so here's how it went.

Started the day with the beautiful sun in the sky and headed off to church.  I look forward to going to church every Sunday because I get to sing in the church choir.  It's one of my most favorite things to do.  It's my true outlet.  http://stpatrickrodeo.org/

So after mass, I headed off to a chinese restaurant in a nearby town to munch on some dim sum with a few pals.  I love it when I have a meal seasoned with good conversation and fun vibes.  I must say, the place where we ate, which is called King Valley, has VERY good dim sum.  Highly recommend!http://www.yelp.com/biz/king-valley-tea-house-pinole-2


  So anyways, after stuffing our faces and emptying our wallets, me and my amigos went to this new type of development in our little town call the Market Hall.  It just opened on the 1st of May.  When I first saw the construction of it I didn't know what to think or expect.  When I saw it, it was something I would have never expected form little Ol' Hercules.  http://herculesmarkethall.com/


Loved the usage of astroturf here. I love anything connected to the 80's

First of all, I was impressed by the design of the whole place.  It seemed like everything themed after the whole "Green" movement.  Everything was pretty much made out of other things.  Please excuse my word usage...I'm not quite experienced in that area in describing stuff with words.  Here, let me give you visual examples.....
It Was pretty sparse on the stores, but the ones they had were really cute..... They sold things from toys, phone cases, to women's apparel.
Fell in love with these chandeliers that were hanging in the food area.....the spoons were a nice touch.....The little stores were made out of these bins that you would see on a cargo ship.....pretty cool

These were my favorite part of the market.  Very  small part, but actually makes a big impact.  These were meters that were used at the old parking lot (which by the way was what the Market was built over).  Each meter represents a charity, and you are able to donate the money into the meter of your choice. How badass is that?



So after out little excursion to the Market, the boys from my band of friends dispersed, and left me and my favorite shopping partner to do some damage at a couple of stores in Pleasantan.

  2 shopping bags and almost purchasing a $250 bag later, we then met up with a couple of other chicas at Tahoe Joe's in Concord, and finished the day off with Happy hour.

 I must recommend every appetizer on the Happy hour menu, us heffas actually ordered everything on it, and it was blissful!  I mean who would order every single item when it ranges from $1.99 to $2.99?   Also, the margaritas were BOMB as well!

 Oh Sundays.....you should visit more often.....

No comments: