Wednesday 13 October 2010

Aging Cream

Due to the fact that I'm so "ho hum" about my hubby being deployed, I try everything possible to keep my mind occupied.  Sometimes some of the things I do is a good thing, others...not so good.  This past Saturday was one of the not so good.....

Well....it wasn't actually all that bad, but it was muy bad for my confidence.  Ok, let me explain a bit more before I go into the full story.

So ever since I've arrived back into my hometown hood, I must admit, I have been going a tid bid crazy on the social scene.  I'm not talking Lindsey Lohan crazy, but I'm talking crazy busy.  I'm forever out and about, painting the town red, and sometimes pink on chill days.  Every time I get the chance to hang out anywhere other than my home and with the company of others, I'm a go.  So, This past Saturday was one of those get out of the house to hang with good company.

Alright....so on Saturday morning, I woke up with a smile knowing that I was going to get all dolled up and let loose later that night.  All day, I kept envisioning what type of outfit I was going to concoct, and also whenever music infiltrated my eardrums.....my bum would not stop moving.  I WAS CRAVING TO DANCE DANCE DANCE!!!!

So la dee da, Saturday night rolls around, I'm done getting pretty, have a bottle of Remy in my hand and I'm good to go.  Pre-party comes along, and I'm amongst GREAT company.  Do our dranky drank thing and head out to the clubby club.  All is grand and blurry about this time, which denotes a great night....until I set my eyes on what was inside the club.  Sigh....all of a sudden, I felt my wrinkles form and my boobs sag to my knees.  I felt sooooo old.

I was amongst a sea of perky little bitches and young men whose stamina was similar to train engines.  I seriously felt as though I was at  High School dance, and I was a college student attending, making all of the HS students think, "what are they doing here?  Aren't they supposed to be in college?"  Yes.  I felt like a loser.  Like, I seriously thought I looked hot in my cute little ensemble, until I saw all the little chicas with tight bodies and skin tight dresses that would only make me look like a lumpy sausage if I were to wear the same thing.

Also, by the time it was past midnight.....I was pretty dunso.  My body was telling me to look for a couch.....but I was proud to say my will power to keep going declined.


Now, don't get me wrong.  I had the most fun I have had in a long while.  I mean, my booty was shaking non-stop....But after this night, it truly proved that I am no longer in my 20's and that sleep and rest is super importante.   I remember them days when I was able to party till 4 in the morning, and wake up at 6AM and bust through a 10 hour long day of work and school and be ready to do it again the next night!  Now, when I go home at 4 super drunk and partied out, It takes me till 4PM the next day to recover about 90%.  It's a sad sad truth.

 I would like to take the time right now to apologize to all the people I made fun of and talked schmack about because they couldn't hang and were too tired to kick it with me back in the day.  Karma is a Biatch!

No comments: