Saturday 5 June 2010

Walk it out

Because my life is so exciting, I tend to blog about cool things.  Things like clubbing amongst skanks and man whores, beerfests, traveling around California, standing in line for 2.5 hours to see Drake walk off a tour bus with a billion hoes,  and now, the most exciting thing ever.....taking a walk in my neighborhood.
Sorry....I just had to build up this blog.  I know the subject may seem boring, but the content will not, trust me.

Oh lordy, do I love taking my morning strolls, AKA power walking.  Not only does it burn my ever increasing calories, but it also clears this often polluted mind.   It's a great way to meditate and reflect on your life only to increase my optimism.  I swear, if it weren't for my morning walks, I'd be shit talking every person that I encounter and curse the world for being so difficult.  Well....I must say, I do do those things...but it's not as bad as it would be sans walking.


But I must admit, if it weren't for my 2 motivators, I probably would not be detaching this huge bum off my delicious couch.  It's so hard when you're all snug and connected to your couch.  It's had to part with something as blissful as such.  Anyways, the 2 tools of motivation are my dog and England.

Because the dog needs her daily exercise, I must suck it up and get into that power walking mode.  Which is a blessing in disguise really, otherwise I'd be a BMW:: Big Military Wife.  A huge NO NO.  Thank you KT, I will be forever grateful.
My bitch KT (Katie)

No, England as well is a great motivator because, well....the scenery.  It's so flippen beautiful here.  There are so many things to look at and are so gorgeous that I tend to smile and stare at things 90 percent of the time that I walk.  I probably look like a mad woman roaming the streets smiling at nothing and shouting jibber jabberings, cursing Satan and all things evil.  What can I say, i'm here to entertain the English.
One of the many trails surrounding my habitatual vicinity



A local pub that's totally walkable from our house and totally bad for our health.



A field near our house that I always smile and look at.  It's so beautiful.  The field is covered with these poppies, which btw, are the country's national flower.  They make me smile.

I have to advise, for all those people who feel low in their life, or hates the world, I suggest taking a walk.  It's good for the soul.

No comments: